Saturday, May 30, 2009

Dinner.

Two nights ago, I decided to try something new and bought my dinner at the Family Mart. You can't go far in Okinawa without seeing a Family Mart, which, like the Salvation Army Family Store, is not a place you go to purchase loved ones (haha). Family Mart is like a brighter, cleaner, better 7-11. The employees are more polite and the only thing really lacking from a Family Mart is a Slurpee Machine.
So, after work yesterday, I stopped by the closest Family Mart and picked up some new and exciting things to try. Egg salad sandwich (a daring choice, I know), a cold latte, and what seemed to be the sushi incarnation of taco rice.


Looks yummy, right? Mt. Rainier is the coffee ScarJo Japanders for, so it was practically like I had dinner with Scarlett Johansson.


This is the packaging on my egg salad sandwich. Delicious and homemade?? Sounds great! The Japanese wouldn't lie to me, would they?


Turns out, they would. It was like boiled egg and mayo and maybe a tiny hint of mustard. But, they did cut of the crust for me, so major points there.
The Taco rice sushi was actually really good - I didn't get a picture of it because I gobbled it down so fast... four pieces with a half of a hard boiled egg, a fried piece of ?pork?, and a lovely fried potato mush thing. I would definitely bust out the faux sushi again. Probably next week.
So, this meal was good... if you forget the egg salad sandwich, which I pretty much already have. And all for under 7 bucks. 663 yen to be exact.
Family Mart, you may become my new kitchen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

kudos for the stupid TSA thrift store name change:)

Fantabulous talking to you!