Wednesday, May 27, 2009

L is for Loneliness.

Very early Monday morning, Matty left for training. This leaves me on my own for the next month, punctuated by a brief reunion and then nine long months of "strength training." I suppose this month is like a preview, allowing me to see what it will all be like, finding out who I will be leaning on, boosting my self-confidence in alone time. Letting me know, nine months is no problem. And it's not just nine months. It's a few months and then a trip home and then a few more months and a trip to - be still my beating heart! - Paris (or Spain, but since I'm the one doing the planning and making the reservations, I think we all know it will be a trip to Paris).

At this point, I'm not anxious. It's still pretty much life as usual. I'm still processing that this isn't just a week in the field, or two or three. This is it. This is deployment.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

PARIS! OUI! OUI!
Even though this is strength training, and character building...I sometimes wonder how bulky our characters need to be....You will be fine. MOM

Anne said...

Praying for you. One you know you can lean on 100% is God. Lean on HIM with all your might, and know you have family and friends praying for you. I know I only met you briefly, but please, don't hesitate to let me know if there is anything specific I can pray for for you, etc.

Crystal said...

I am so sorry, my dear. But think of what you've already been through and your relationship is stronger because of it!

Unknown said...

Lots of hugs (from Esky too, who i can hear snoring somewhere near me but can't see lol)
I'll be praying!

Unknown said...

I got moved! check my xanga if you can or i'll email it too you.