Wednesday, April 1, 2009

D is for Diabetes.

Well, the topic for this week was obvious.

It was five years ago on Monday that I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes. It was one of scariest days of my life, having no idea what I was in for. I can recall almost every moment of that week spent at the hospital. Each diabetes lesson, each visitor. Each comfort provided by the Great Healer.

Over the last five years, I have become more at peace with my condition. At times, I still hate my pancreas, but I know my limits. I know the disease. I try not to let my condition define who I am. Usually, I feel just like a normal person.

I am a normal person. (Thank you family and friends for all the support over the last five years.)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

http://sonnigenmai.xanga.com/697127405/the-woman-i-want-to-be/

Thought of you when i read this:)

Crystal said...

Does it make me really awesome, or lame, that the first thing I do on Tuesdays after work now is check your blog? I'm thinking awesome... :)

Andi said...

I'll go with awesome, too.