Saturday, April 4, 2009

Work on a Saturday Part 2.

On the first Saturday of the month, from 8 am to 5pm, you can find me at work. Why, you may ask, would a regular full time job worker like myself be at work on a Saturday? Well, let me tell you.

Being that I work at a child care center on a military base, once a month we offer free child care for kid's whose moms or dads are deployed. And no one ever shows up. So basically I come in for eight hours to take phone calls (who calls school day care on a Saturday?) and to prepare for the next week.

Really, I sit on my duff, e-mail back and forth with Crystal, and search desperately for the edge of the internet. I think I'm getting close.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you are probably living even closer to the end of the internet too. Can you do manicures and pedicures on a day like today? MOM

Crystal said...

Dang right!