Wednesday, March 25, 2009

C is for Corps Devotion.

Never in a million years did I think I’d end up married to a man in the military. And never ever in a million more years did I think I’d end up married to a Marine. Never ever, ever.

So, with His great sense of humor, that is exactly what God allowed to happen. Of course, I always let it be known that I did not marry a Marine. I married the man of my dreams, my college sweetheart, who then became a Marine. After we were married. Only seven months after we were married, but afterwards nonetheless.

With all that said, I am extremely proud of my husband. Of how hard he has worked and how much he loves his job. I am proud to be the one who stands beside him and the one who takes care of him. To be the one he took with him to Japan. To be the one who will soon start receiving letters from far away. Even though this is not exactly the life I had planned, I’m honored and gladdened that it’s the life I have. I wouldn’t trade this devotion to “The Corps” for anything the civilian life has to offer.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

This made me tear up a little bit...

I've checked your blog twice today, highly anticipating your C-ness!

Unknown said...

I am loving the ABC-ness idea. The whole blogging thing seems hard if nothing worth writing about happens in your life....or nothing you can fuss about in public happens.

Your "corps" blog was good. You are great military wife. You discovered the secret--a wonderful husband, and good friends can get you through anything. Love, MOM