Saturday, March 7, 2009

Work on a Saturday.

I have become so spoiled. I've been working my full time, during the week job since November (I would call it a "9 to 5" but its more like a "5 to 2" which is pretty sick). It is a far cry from my days of retail, having to beg to get Sundays off, crazy hard to predict hours. Back then, I would have been so glad to only have to work 1 week end day, once a month. Now I'm cranky because I haven't really seen my husband since Thursday and I have done not one useful thing since I got here at 8 am. Nothing that couldn't have waited until Monday morning, anyway.

My boss is in the kitchen blaring gospel, so I've got my head phones in listening to David Cook, with the phone right in front of the computer monitor so I can see it light up if it rings. Seriously. Why am I here?

My only consolation is that I am earning what amounts to free vacation hours. And listening to David Cook.

(P.S. When did I become such an American Idol geekoid??)

No comments: