Sunday, October 19, 2008

Weekends.

It seems to me that there are two major downfalls of a long weekend. Although they are long and luxuriously relaxing, they shorten the week, often squishing five days of work into three. Also, after the weekend that seems never to end, the following weekend feels short and as though you have been cheated. This is my situation.

Matt had four days off last weekend. Then a stressful three day week. And now we are at the end of a two day weekend that just flew by. I know what we did all weekend, but I just don't know where the time went.

On the up side, we do have a Christmas tree which is probably the happiest thing we've bought since we got here. I can't wait to get more Christmas tree accoutrements.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Tannenbaum, Oh Tannenbaum--you are a girl after my own heart. No tree up before Thanksgiving though...but you do get a 12 hour start on that...yahoo!
Glisten, glimmer, sparkle, shimmer... Love, MOM

coffeepuppy said...

From what I've been reading in Martha Stewart, Family Circle, and Better Homes ... the pear is like the fruit of the season. Everyone is putting it on their trees. I wonder if this is a fad, I would hate for the pear to feel unspecial.