Friday, October 31, 2008

My Goodness!

So I had to go to the Medical Clinic today. Never, ever is that a favorite thing to do. Ever.

When I made the appointment on Wednesday, I was told to go to the Immunization clinic first and get a PPD test. Even though I just did that in April. Okay. Fine. So I did and then went to my appointment.

Oh just kidding, you didn't need the PPD. But you do need an MMR, Hep B and Vermicelli (something like that) Titer.

Okay. Today is the end of the quarter and kids had the day off of school. The Immunizations clinic was a mad house. So I went, and I waited, and I waited.

Oh, you can't have the MMR since you just got the PPD, so you have to come back Monday.

No. No, I'm sorry, they just told me I didn't need the PPD.

Shot, shot. Up to the lab, in and out. Back to the appointment. Wait, wait, wait. Chat. Wait.

I am so eager for the day when I can go back to a civilian doctor. I'm really tired today. The end.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hate to tell you this, but if we go to socialized medicine, you will not be out any faster....it's barely faster with civilian doctors.

Hopefully by now you have the ability to raise your arms over your head again! Shots are never any fun.

Crystal said...

Sorry you had to go through all that. Your mom is right...all doctor offices seem to take a long time and give you the run-around. Boooo