Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Et cetera...

I am so excited that we have a Christmas tree. I was worried we might end up doing without because of our island bound status. I cleaned out our storage area to find all the Christmas stuff and put it together with the tree. Day after Thanksgiving, I am ready. Well, almost. I still need some garland and a few more ornaments... and a tree skirt. Better get those before they are Okinawa-extinct.

Re: gift cards (because I have been asked). We have a Chili's and a Macaroni Grill here. We also have Starbucks, but I'm not 100% sure if they take the gift cards there. I'll check soon. Also, internet shopping is popular, although I have heard Wal-Mart charges a ton for shipping. We use Snapfish for photo printing. iTunes cards are always, always a hit.

I am starting a scrapbook for 2008. Starting, as in, thinking about it, but not yet actually doing anything for it.

I am also serving Thanksgiving dinner to approximately 20 Marines. More on that later.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Tired me out just reading about it! Don't forget, they will be 20 HUNGRY Marines....I am glad you are excited about the upcoming holiday season! It's really going to be fun NOT packing your house, or driving cross country for Christmas this time.
You and your crafty ways will fill that tree. Don't worry! Love MOM

Unknown said...

Can I help? ;)
Make 'em all bring something!
*hugs*
Angel

Andi said...

I would make them bring something, but these guys all live in the "dorms" and don't really have kitchens... well not much more than a microwave anyway. We will figure something out.

Unknown said...

I meant like chips or canned/frozen veggies, etc.

Crystal said...

I happen to have gotten the Rachel Ray mag this month with 101 ways to makes Thanksgiving less stressful....I shall forward you some tips since I still act like a poor college kid and mooch off my parents for things like this to remove any/all responsibility from myself :)