Friday, April 4, 2008

Stuff + Me + Matt + Molly + Okinawa = :D (?)

A million things in this back story: When we left Quantico in January, we had nearly everything we owned sorted into 2 piles (To Okinawa! and 3 Years of Storage!), or trashed/given away or, and this was the smallest pile, moving with us to Virginia Beach. We scored a sweet furnished beach house and really only brought our clothes with us. I knew I would miss my stuff, but the thought of packing it up to move four hours south for only four months was just ridiculous. I knew we had a really big move coming up so I tried not to be worried about it.

When we arrived to our beach house, I was sorely disappointed. I knew, having lived in a summer house before, not to expect much in the way of amenities, but really? A turn dial microwave? Whisks made for little people? Only three coffee mugs? I'd go through those in a day! I suppose the amazing view of the Atlantic Ocean more than made up for these shortcomings, but still.

As I made do with the seven tank tops and three pairs of jeans I'd brought to Virginia Beach, I couldn't help but yearn for the various tee shirts, shorts and sweaters packed in boxes marked "Lady Clothes" sitting idly at Fort Belvoir. Little did I know how "for the best" this situation was.

Once Matt finally got in touch with TMO (Government moving sevices... don't ask me what the letters actually mean), we learned that everything that was in storage could be sent AHEAD of us to Okinawa. And it would arrive two full weeks before we did. If that's not a major blessing, I know know what is. Sidenote to our beloved pillowtop bed: We miss you in a way words cannot explain. I can't wait to see you in June!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Molly pictorial in the sidebar! So cute! Poor girl, cranky vets and whatnot. She just wants to love, everyone knows that about Mollybelly.