Wednesday, August 11, 2010

W is for WolframAlpha.

I will admit to you, just about a year ago when I found WolframAlpha, I didn't get it.  It's a search engine, but Google it is not (no offense to Google - I love Google, I live my life on Google).

WolframAlpha is a "computational knowledge engine."  You can use it to compare two things, convert data, solve complex math equations and all kinds of craziness.  The computational possibilities are endless.  Find your ideal weight.  How much of that weight is fat.  How much is water and how much is blood.  It's amazing.

So go check it out.  Compare your hometown to your current town.  Find box office stats for your favorite film.  Compare your favorite film to its terrible sequel.  If you get stuck, click on the "Show Hints" link.  You won't be sorry.

You will be obsessed, and like me, start spending your day thinking of how to use WolframAlpha.  You are so welcome.

No comments: