Saturday, August 21, 2010

Really, Really Guilty Pleasure.

I've never listened to KISS.  I know that they have the song about Rock & Roll-ing all night and Party-ing every day, but beyond that, I really couldn't tell you. 

But, for some strange reason, I love to watch Gene Simmons Family Jewels on A&E.  I really don't know why.

I always feel guilty when I am watching it because I know about 80% of it is scripted.  At least 80%.

If Matt comes home while I am watching it, I will immediately change the channel.  I'm embarrassed at how much I love this show.  Any time I flip through channels and I see it, I will watch it, regardless of how many times I've seen the episode.  The dynamic of the family is so strange, so different from my own, but seems to work as smoothly as my own.  From all that we can tell as the reality sitcom audience, there is a genuine love between Gene and Shannon.  Nick and Sophie are pretty well-adjusted, although a bit more beautiful than your average family (or perhaps that is my love of Hebrew dudes showing...).

Anyway, I fell like I just needed to get this out into cyberspace, to admit my guiltiest of guilty pleasures so that maybe I can work through it.  And get over it just in time for Growing Up Twisted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

agreed. I also don't mention that I've watched it....the one episode that bugged me was the "unanniverasry episode" where Gene forgot it was the non-anniversary. That kinda made me mad. I mean, you didn't get married, so don't be all pissy that he didn't remember, you can't have it both ways. But otherwise, they are pretty funny.

Andi said...

I know its so super corny sometimes but I just can't stop watching. Like the one where they go to London - SO SCRIPTED. SO SCRIPTED. But I just love it all.