Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Doctor, doctor, gimme the news...

I told Matt I was giving the Naval Clinic here two chances to get it right before I went off-base to get my medical help. My first appointment was yesterday and so far, so good.

After several less than enjoyable, less than helpful, and just plain terrible visits to military doctors, I have developed hypertension and a heightened pulse. Hmm... interesting. I am generally healthy (minus the inoperative pancreas) but when that nurse goes to take my blood pressure, things get a little crazy.

This time, to my surprise, the doctor (we'll call him Dr. Nice) actually asked me about it. Huh. I told him, "I just don't like military doctors. My last one suggested I try to get Lipo."

Dr. Nice was incredulous at such a suggestion! He could not believe a doctor would say such a thing! He wanted to know where this happened and who it was... Finally, I felt as though my prior indignation was not unwarranted. I felt vindicated. Dr. Not-Nice really was wrong. Cue sigh of relief.

To top it all off, Dr. Nice told me what labs he was going to have run on me, rather than asking me "So, what tests do you want?"

July 25, I will go in to get a follow up on my tests. I will have a meeting with a CDE (Certified Diabetic Educator) and hopefully we can get a recommendation for an Insulin pump. I know God can and will come through on this, so keep it in your prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I am really enjoying following your posts here! We continue to pray for you guys, and will now add prayer regarding the insulin pump. Larry cannot get a pump due to lack of compatibility with his blindness. But, what can ya do? He is using insulin pins now, and those have been a true blessing. I would love to keep in contact with you and "get to know you" more. ...and btw..I have an anniversary card for you and Matt, but was waiting on your new address...so, sorry for the delay :)...Luv ya, Anne Meyer

Crystal said...

I'll definitely be praying for a pump. Good Lord Above, I do hope that someday you never ask us to pray for a breast pump :)

Andi said...

Hahaha... do not even worry about that one, Crys.

coffeepuppy said...

Babies?! NO!