Thursday, July 15, 2010

S is for Singing. Or Singing Along.

I'll be the first to admit that my vocal skills are lacking. In the 8th grade, someone told me my singing sounded like a dead cow. Ouch.

This has never stopped my love of music.  My dream house has speakers in every room so no matter where I go, I'm listening to something.  I love all kinds of music: Barry Manilow to System of a Down, The Killers to The Blues Brothers.  Gypsy punk, 60's folk, 80's pop rock - I'll listen to almost anything.

Before college, when my parents bought me a beautiful new computer with a CD burner, I learned the glory of Mix CDs and I've been making them ever since.  I have a few fans out there (Mom, Ryan, Miranda) and a nay-sayer or two (MATT, who hates every CD I make).  I consider my Mix CDs an art (Mom says its my spiritual gift) and you know I like you if you've got one.

My favorite thing about the CDs is throwing them in the sweet 1994 12-disc cartridge in my Toyota Windom and driving around the island singing my brains out to something I (sort of) created.  With no one in the car to tell me I sound like a dead cow.

------------------

As a side note:  I have quit quitting Facebook.  But I deleted between 40 - 50 friends, so I'm hoping it willbe less annoying.  So if you made the cut and I'm still FB friends with you, consider yourself lucky.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I think i made the cut!!! Wahoo :)

Crystal said...

I am a proud recipient/owner of one of your mix CDs!!!

But a TWELVE DISC CHANGER?! Hot dang, that's intense!

Andi said...

Yeah it is pretty sweet - you put all the discs in a cartridge that goes in the trunk... Very 1994. Like my car.

Unknown said...

And NOBODY loves musicals like you do....remember, it's a joyful noise when it's your heart singing. Also own several of the Made-for-Mom CDs....my favorites.