Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fine. You win.

All right, all right. I'll write something real.

The Monday before Christmas, I started my new job. My new-job-that-is-really-my-old-job-just-in-a-new-center. It's great. And amazing. And happy and wonderful. The directors take responsibility for their actions. The caregivers do their job and don't gossip about each other (that I have to hear). And probably best of all, my co-secretary is awesome. She laughs. She's smart. She smiles a lot. And because of all that, I am the same. I don't wear my cranky pants anymore. And my brain feels stimulated from time to time, although I could be doing better on that front.

I finally ordered a new computer. It should be here any day. I have already received the speaker and I am just waiting for the CPU, monitor, keyboard, mouse and, well, everything that isn't the speaker. When I get it, I will post loveliness and happy hearts.

I have been obsessing over Quentin Tarantino films lately. If you've ever met me (which most of you have) you know how it goes: for some reason, something goes off in my brain and suddenly I must know the whole story about an actor, a director, a talk show host, a TV show, and I cannot stop until this thirst is satiated. It's strange, but I'll be honest, enjoyable. Usually. Because usually I can easily find DVDs, footage, books, whatever on the subject. In Okinawa, I am not that lucky. The library is tiny. The video rental places are lame. My husband took Pulp Fiction to the desert with him (selfish!). I think the thing with Tarantino is that he is just so smart and so bizarre. I love smart and bizarre. Well, okay, I've probably worn out everyone's interest in that topic.

Wow. That's really about it.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I watched Conan O'Brien the other day because of this whole late-night show debacle going on, and he had Tarantino as a guest. He's kinda goofy looking in person, not what I expected at all. I still need to see more of his movies too though - I've seen Kill Bill but only bits and pieces of Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction :(

Andi said...

Yeah Tarantino is not a good looking man, but a total genius, so that makes up for it right? And how exactly did you get through college without seeing any of his films?? Bust out those two and if you want something completely different, rent Four Rooms. Its four vignettes and he directed/stars in the last one. They're kinda strange, but I've watched it twice in the last week. And of course Inglourious Basterds is a good one. So, get thee to a Blockbuster!

Unknown said...

"Yeah Tarantino is not a good looking man, but a total genius, so that makes up for it right?"

I hope so, otherwise I'm in trouble :P