Tuesday, June 30, 2009

P is PC.

Yes, I am going there.

I am a PC girl. There was a time, ages 5 - 11, when I was a Mac girl; I'll never forget my days playing The Dark Castle. But since then, I had developed a love for PCs. I liked them. They worked for me (well, okay, not the Compaq Presario 700, but that's a story for another time). They're unpretentious and I know the OS. What else do you need?

As most of you know, two weeks ago I purchased a new computer. It was fancy. It was beautiful. The screen was large and the picture was crisp. I liked Windows Vista. My music sounded great and my-oh-my, it even had a Blu-Ray drive. I loved my new computer dearly.



Well, apparently Queen Constance (yes, my technologies all have names) did not love me back. After five blue screens of death in ten days, I decided it was best if we parted ways. So I took her back to the store and they refunded my money. In cash. Now, all I have is an empty place in my heart where a new computer should be and $999. Cash.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh NOOOOOOO! But better now and finding a new one soon than suffering for months and months later. What a love/Hate relationship we have with our computers....Me.

Unknown said...

Dark Castle! Did we ever find anyone who could play or beat that thing? All we ever got was random keys and those squeaky bats....
Go Toshiba. I love mine. I'm naming him Sheldon lol

Crystal said...

They seriously didn't round it up to an even $1k?? What lame faces!
I'm telling you....get a Mac!