Sunday, June 7, 2009

Music.

Last night, I was finishing off the iTunes card Matty got me for our anniversary. I checked out the suggestions from the almighty iTunes Music Guru. I saw Diane Birch's album "Bible Belt" and almost paid it no mind considering it was right next to a Dave Matthews Band album. Um, no thanks.

I was curious as to whether this was a Christian CD or not so I investigated, and I love what I found. Diane Birch is beautiful. Her album cover is a close up of her face and she has a 60's pop quality in her looks that is also found in her music. She reminds me of Eva Cassidy, Karen Carpenter, and a tiny bit of Norah Jones with a contemporary something that is all her own. I'm in love.

Also, I was just looking through her album notes and guess who plays the sax? That's right, "Blue" Lou Marini from the Blues Brothers. Seriously, I was meant to find this amazing album... Love, love, love.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

SO, SO, SO good!!! I'm listening to it again now and love it! The Music Guru is appropriately named.

Unknown said...

I'm all about James Morrison right now. I randomly saw that he was up to be Jonathan Rhys-Davies part in August Rush and looked him up.
Love his song "Please don't stop the rain" and i ordered the album today on amazon:)