Sunday, November 29, 2009

Songs that WILL NOT be on my Christmas playlist this year.

-I'll Be Home For Christmas (most specifically: Josh Grobans's version - not to be played under any circumstances)
-All I Want For Christmas is You
-Blue Christmas
-Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
-Happy Xmas (War is Over)

Songs that will be played often to make up for the lack of the songs above:
-Purple Snowflakes by Marvin Gaye
-Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree by Cyndi Lauper
-Soulful Christmas by James Brown

6 comments:

Unknown said...

And Feliz Navidad whether Matt related or not.
*cringes at the thought of it*

Unknown said...

Or "Merry Christmas, Darling" by Karen Carpenter. Sob-worthy.
Two hankie weepie.

Unknown said...

yet, porkie pig's "Blue Christmas" would be acceptable. Mom

Megan said...

As bad as this sounds, I think I am just going to cut out Christmas music altogether. Whenever I hear it on the radio it is usually one that would fall into your first category so I end up changing the station. Ignorance is bliss, right??

Crystal said...

As if junior high was not awkward enough, we always had to do line dancing in the gym around Christmas time. I learned a sweet little jig to Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree back in the day. Too bad for you I am not a techie, or perhaps I'd consider making a youtube video on your behalf.

Andi said...

Angel - Roger Clyne's Feliz Navidad is awesome!

Mom - Check and check!

Megan - Do what you need to to get through the time away! Personally I listen to Christmas music in July, so a complete lack of Christmas music won't work for me.

Crystal - Get me that video and you will make my holiday season.