Monday, June 23, 2008

Stages.

Well, we have stuff. It feels like it's been forever since we saw these things (the things we remembered we had, anyway). The important things - the mattress, our paintings, my bookcase, the TV - are all in their respective one pieces. Proof that it must have been monkeys moving us from Flagstaff to Stafford. Anyway...

Now I am in a house full of boxes, trying to find a home for each item while anticipating at least a week of rain and storminess. And being homebound. Really, really homebound.

For as easy as one might think driving on the other side of the road is... well, frankly, it isn't. Especially when you have terrible depth perception and really narrow roads. And every road in Okinawa looks the same. I've been to Matt's work building several times and if you asked me to direct you to it, I could not.

It seems as though I have reached Stage Two of living in a foreign country: Being cranky and wanting things to be like at home. Stage One (being excited and wanting to experience everything) did not last long. Hopefully, Stage Two will be over soon, too.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Maybe you should buy a bike?