Sunday, January 30, 2011

Finishing Up.

Our time on Okinawa is coming to an end soon.  Soon, but not soon enough.  Not soon enough, but will a million things left to do.

Matt is on duty today, so I am left to my own devices.  I’ve been cleaning for approximately four hours (to be honest, I have taken a few breaks).  My to-do list for today is long and not much has been crossed off.  Many tasks have been started and left hanging.  I might have Adult ADD.

I’ve finally put my suitcase away and found the postcards we meant to send to our parents.  Oops.  I guess we didn’t have enough time on vacation, either.

I have been listening to three new albums – Illuminations by Josh Groban, Sigh No More from Mumford and Sons, and Come Around Sundown by Kings of Leon.  Joshie-poo has indeed let me down with Illuminations.  None of his songs should include the word “babe” unless it’s a Christmas album.  I have shocked myself and really enjoy Mumford & Sons.  It was Matt’s pick and I’m generally not down with his Alt/Indie picks.  KOL… well, I don’t know.  It took me a while to warm up to Only by the Night, but then I fell madly in love with the album.   I don’t know how I feel about Come Around Sundown.  Maybe a few more listens.  Okay, the music critic is done.

We went to True Grit last night.  Generally, I cannot keep myself awake during westerns. And I NEVER fall asleep during movies. I hate westerns.  Hate.  BUT: I really enjoyed True Grit.  Jeff Bridges is fantastic and Hailie Steinfeld was shockingly good for a newcomer.  Jeff, if you win the Oscar again, I will be: A.) happy for you and B.) really pissed off that you took it from my old boyfriend Colin Firth. 

Okay, okay, I admit I’m rambling.  I just don’t want to finish my chores.  Boo.

No comments: