Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Vacation Part 3: Florida

I am working my way through vacation, but we still have at least two more chapters.  Please bear with me.

Let me start off by saying the weather in Tampa was so much more pleasant than I was expecting.  We got to spend lots of time at the pool without feeling all sweaty by the time we got back home. 

One of the first things I did when I got home was to go to the ladies meeting at church with my mom.  I go with my mom to the ladies meetings every time I'm home and it's like going to visit with 10 awesome grandmas.  I got so many hugs.  You have no idea.  It was awesome.

On Friday, Matt and I took Mom on a road trip to Gainesville to check out the University of Florida.  It was nice to just walk around campus with Mom while Matt did his research.

We went to our second baseball game in a week at Tropicana Park.  We picked blueberries and we go to see my grandparents.  We spent lots of time at the pool.  It was wonderful and relaxing to just be with my family.  I can't wait to get back :)

2 comments:

Megan said...

I totally get the 10 awesome grandmas thing - my mom has some dear old ladies who attend her Bible studies who pray for Cori and I faithfully!! And what did Matt think of UF?? They're the Gators, right??

Andi said...

Matt like UF well enough - it's just a bigger program with less scholarship opportunities than our other options. BUT it is closer to my family, which makes it high on the list. I'm just glad we've got time to decide.